Ball Ground Police Department
Through our concern, our enthusiasm and our contributions as committed law enforcement professionals, we shall make every effort to inspire a sense of community and belonging for all.
It is our mission to provide a safe haven and respite for all who live and visit our city; to assure quality of life for all; to cherish and maintain honored traditions and principles; and, in these challenging times, to always be innovative and diligent in these pursuits.
• We value all human life and value the dignity entitled to all lives.
• We value honor, ethics and integrity as the basis for community trust.
• We value professional excellence.
• We value and advocate the inalienable constitutional rights of all victims and the accused.
• We value fair and impartial enforcement of all laws.
• We value all employees and members of the Ball Ground Police Department.
• We value the commitment of our service to our community and its quality of life.
• Finger Printing - Call or email for appointment. (Fee $15.00)
• Vacation Home Checks - Click to complete and email form to arrange for the Police Department to provide additional security checks on your home or business while you are away.
Bryon Reeves, Chief of Police
Chief Reeves began his career in the City of Ball Ground in 2005. Prior to Ball Ground, Chief Reeves obtained experience With the Georgia Department of Transportation in their enforcement division and with the GSP as a Communications Offices and Police Corporal. In 2004, Chief Reeves worked in executive security at the Governors Mansion.
Kim Murphy, Sergeant
Sergeant Murphy began her service with the City of Ball Ground in 2010. Prior to coming to work in Ball Ground, Sergeant Murphy worked with the Pickens County Sheriffs Office where she had extensive experience beginning as a patrol officer and working her way up through the ranks to become a Captain in the Criminal Investigations Division for the County.
Home Security Advisory
If you are a City of Ball Ground resident and are planning to be away from your home, let the Police Department know! Download this form, print it, and fill out the required information. Bring or mail the form to the Police Department.
Download: Home Security Advisory (PDF)